8/16/12

Designer Pads for Paws!

Last night we had a successful turnout for the PAWS charitable fundraiser event we hosted At Hom. For more information about this wonderful orginization and their mission 
in San Diego visit www.pawssandiego.org

I was one of the designers who participated in creating a custom pet pad for auction to raise money for the organization. My inspiration behind the bed was to create a multifunctional "up-cycled" bed that was aesthetically pleasing and yet a statement piece for any home. I purchased this beauty at a local thrift store...sanded, painted and lightly distressed it for a complete make-over. Along with building up the base to create a cozy pet hideaway in a fun striped fabric with new drawer knobs from Anthropologie. I think our Lila-Mew would have enjoyed this little home!
Before

After

Here is the very happy winner of my "pet-pad"...Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment